Photo gallery: Jimmy Savile’s past visits to Norfolk
Over the course of his 40-year radio and television career Jimmy Savile visited Norfolk for shop openings and charity runs.
•In June 1970 Savile was in Dereham where he opened a boutique, Decimal Fashions, in Norwich Street, spending over an hour in the shop signing autographs.
•In October 1972 he roved around Norwich in a Rolls Royce as part of a visit promoting National Association of Youth Clubs' week, visiting various youth clubs in the city, including Heartsease Community Centre, and spreading the message about providing facilities for young people.
•In November 1979 Savile jogged into Norwich as part of a charity effort which saw him run through 31 towns and cities in 31 days.
•In February 1990 the BBC stalwart was back in the city, at Anglia TV's studios, to promote the 27-hour live Telethon spectacular which was hoping to top the �1m raised in 1988.
You may also want to watch:
•In October of 1990 he opened a new complex in Norwich which gives disabled people a helping hand in starting a business.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 10 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died