Pet dog reunited with ‘delighted owners’ thanks to police
- Credit: Archant
A dog who had strayed onto a busy road has been reunited with his owners.
Halesworth police officers helped reunite the lost spaniel, which had been spotted on the B1123 road at Linstead on bank holiday Monday, with its "delighted owners" after investigations.
In a post on the Halesworth Police Facebook page, it said: "Happy owners reunited.
"On bank holiday Monday, #HalesworthPolice helped locate the owners of this lost spaniel found straying on the B1123 at Linstead.
"The members of the public who found the pet were unable to take him to an animal home, so contacted police for help.
You may also want to watch:
"With a bit of investigation, Facebook, Twitter posts, and the use of technology (pet scanner) we were able to track down his delighted owners.
"Goes to show pet microchips really do work."
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 10 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel