Investigation continues into knife attack on taxi driver
- Credit: Archant
Enquiries are ongoing into an attack on a Norwich taxi driver who was knifed in the stomach as he was robbed of his day's earnings.
Detectives from Norwich CID are appealing for witnesses after the daylight robbery shortly before midday on Sunday.
A white Hyundai taxi was dropping off a fare in George Pope Road at approximately 11:45am when the vehicle was approached by a man on a grey bicycle.
The suspect threatened the taxi driver while demanding money. After causing minor wounds to the driver's stomach, the offender stole the day's takings and cycled off towards Penn Grove.
The cyclist is described as white, 5ft 8ins tall and wearing a grey jacket and a dark coloured cap at the time of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
DC Dan Hedges, Norwich CID, said: 'While this must have been a shocking incident for the driver, he was fortunate that he didn't receive more serious injuries.
'It is therefore really important that we trace the person who committed this offence and I would like to hear from anyone who saw the incident take place or has further information regarding the suspect.'
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
ABC Taxis, based in Paddock Street in Norwich, confirmed that one of its drivers had been stabbed on Sunday.
Anyone with information should contact DC Hedges at Norwich CID on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.