Staff on lockdown while police search for arrested man
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Staff at the Norwich Research Park were on lockdown as the police hunted for an arrested man who escaped from hospital.
It happened around 11.45am on Wednesday, when police told staff at the John Innes Centre not to leave the premises while they search for a man who had been arrested for public order offences.
Staff were confined to their offices while the hunt was carried out.
The missing man had been receiving treatment at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH) but fled at around 11.35am.
A Norfolk police spokesman said as of Wednesday afternoon the man was still on the loose, with officers continuing their search.
You may also want to watch:
An NNUH spokesman said they were unable to comment because of patient confidentiality but said that they had a security team in place.
However he did confirm if convicted prisoners were treated at hospital they were handcuffed and escorted by officers.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 5 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 6 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 7 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 10 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars