‘Officers would rather be punched in the face’ - Woman spits in police’s face after attacking door staff in Norwich
A 'delightful' woman spat in the face of police officers after attacking nightclub door staff in the early hours of the morning.
Officers were called to deal with the 29-year-old woman, who had attacked door staff outside Mantra in Prince of Wales Road, Norwich.
When they arrived, she kicked and spat at police.
On Twitter Norwich Police posted: 'Public Order for #Team3 was a busy one, some of us only just getting away now.
'Officers dealt with a lot of people last night, one female who attacked door staff in front of us then kicked officers and spat in their faces also.
You may also want to watch:
'Delightful. No injuries thankfully.'
Chairman of the Norfolk Police Federation, Andy Symonds, said: 'A truly disgusting act. Officers would rather be punched in the face than spat at.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 5 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 Revealed: Norfolk's hotspots for Japanese Knotweed in 2021
- 8 Tractors and harvesters sold as farming family retires after 100 years
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 King's Lynn man admits inciting children to engage in sex acts
'My colleagues deserve better.'
Norfolk's Police and Crime Commissioner Lorne Green said: 'A spit in the face of us all for police are there to protect us. They leave their homes and families daily to keep us safe. They deserve so much better.'