Man sent porn movie to girl, 15
- Credit: Archant
A man groomed a vulnerable 15-year-old girl and sent her a porn movie which he pretended he was in, a court heard.
Ashley Hewson, 26, formerly of Norwich, admitted engaging in sexual communication and sexual activity with the victim.
Jerry Hayes, prosecuting at Norwich Crown Court, said the victim was vulnerable and that he had chatted to the girl on social media and told her he wanted to have sex with her.
He said when Hewson met her he sexually touched her.
In an impact statement, the victim said the offences made her feel like ending her life and said she had been left feeling panicked and upset.
David Stewart, for Hewson, said he was a man of previous good character.
Sentencing Hewson, Recorder Guy Ayers accepted he was willing to get help and imposed a two year jail sentence, suspended for two years.
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
He also ordered Hewson to do 150 hours unpaid work and placed him on the sex offenders register for 10 years.
Recorder Ayers also made a restraining order for Hewson not to contact the victim and made him subject to a sexual harm prevention order.