Search

Man who made hoax bomb call to police in Norwich has his case adjourned for psychiatric reports

PUBLISHED: 14:01 26 October 2018 | UPDATED: 16:27 26 October 2018

Kacper Styczynski  phoned police and told them there was a bomb at his flat at Paragon Place, Norwich. Picture Steve Adams.

Kacper Styczynski phoned police and told them there was a bomb at his flat at Paragon Place, Norwich. Picture Steve Adams.

Archant Norfolk 2010

A man who sparked an alert when he made a hoax call to police claiming there was a bomb at a block of flats in Norwich has had his case adjourned for psychiatric reports.

Kacper Styczynski, 30, phoned police and told them there was a bomb at his flat at Paragon Place, Norwich, and was due for sentence at Norwich Crown Court but had his case adjourned until December 7 as the judge wanted a further psychiatric report on him.

Recorder Bruce Houlder told Styczynski he wanted to know more about him and also asked the prosecution to make sure at the next hearing there was full details about the scale of any disruption to the public caused by the hoax call and what resources were deployed.

Martin Ivory, prosecuting, said that Styczynski had only made a phone call to police and had not produced any device said that the police response had been “proportionate” with no bomb disposal team deployed.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad. Coronavirus is one of the greatest challenges our community has ever faced, but if we all play our part we will defeat it. We're here to serve as your advocate and trusted source of local information.

In these testing times, your support is more important than ever. Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Eastern Daily Press