Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- Credit: Flickr/Project365
A Hermes delivery driver has been warned he faces a jail sentence over claims he stole parcels.
Eduard Zarioiu is accused of the theft of a significant number of packages belonging to the delivery company between August 31 and December 19 last year.
The 45-year-old, of Churchill Road in Norwich, also faces a charge of possession of stolen items including electrical goods, household appliances, clothing, trainers, handbags and perfume.
Appearing at Norwich Magistrates Court on Friday he did not enter a plea to the charges but was told breach of trust and the value of the goods stolen meant if convicted he faces more than three years in prison.
His wife Elena-Mirela Zarioiu, 39, who pleaded not guilty to possession of criminal property, was told the charge carried an 18-month jail term.
The Romanian couple were both committed to stand trial at Norwich Crown Court on December 23.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 10 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals