Drink driver who tried to escape police caught by runner
- Credit: Archant
A drink driver who tried to run away from police was caught by a runner on their early morning jog.
Police have said they arrested a drink driver in Earlham Road, Norwich, during a busy night on patrol in the city.
On Twitter, Norwich police said the driver had tried to flee but was caught by a club runner.
Norwich police tweeted this morning at around 6.21am stating they had 'lots of good positive interventions.'
This incident comes after the launch of the police's annual festive drink drive campaign, which runs between December 1 and January 1 in Norfolk and Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
Police are carrying out extra patrols and roadside checks, in which drivers are being breathalysed if they are stopped due to a vehicle defect or have been involved in a crash.
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 5 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 6 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 9 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive