Drink driver who tried to escape police caught by runner
- Credit: Archant
A drink driver who tried to run away from police was caught by a runner on their early morning jog.
Police have said they arrested a drink driver in Earlham Road, Norwich, during a busy night on patrol in the city.
On Twitter, Norwich police said the driver had tried to flee but was caught by a club runner.
Norwich police tweeted this morning at around 6.21am stating they had 'lots of good positive interventions.'
This incident comes after the launch of the police's annual festive drink drive campaign, which runs between December 1 and January 1 in Norfolk and Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
Police are carrying out extra patrols and roadside checks, in which drivers are being breathalysed if they are stopped due to a vehicle defect or have been involved in a crash.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 6 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 7 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 8 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown
- 9 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 10 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder