Ex-Norwich City star fined for speeding on A14
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Former Norwich City star Wes Hoolahan has been fined after he admitted speeding.
Hoolahan, who made more than 350 appearances for the Canaries before leaving the club at the end of the 2017-18 season to go to West Brom, was caught driving a Land Rover at 47mph in a temporary 40mph limit on the A14 at Brampton in Cambridgeshire.
The 37-year-old, from Wicklewood, near Wymondham, pleaded guilty to the offence through his solicitor Simon Nicholls at Norwich Magistrates Court today (Monday, December 30),
Hoolahan, who did not attend court, was fined £100, ordered to pay £100 costs and had three points put on his licence.
The footballer, who made 43 appearances for the Republic of Ireland, currently plays for Newcastle Jets in Australia's A-League.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Nicholls said he had not received the paperwork relating to the offence as he now lived in Australia.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing