Burglar arrested while opening Christmas presents
- Credit: Google
A man has been arrested on suspicion of burglary after being 'caught red handed' opening a family's Christmas presents.
The 38-year-old man was disturbed whilst unwrapping the presents at 8pm on Saturday evening at a house on Nelson Street in Norwich.
He was arrested at the scene.
Norwich Police tweeted: 'Hopefully the occupiers Christmas has been saved!'
A resident on Nelson Street, that did not want to be named said: 'It doesn't surprise me that there was a burglary, Blue flashing lights are a normal thing on our road.
You may also want to watch:
'It's an awful thing to happen, especially so close to Christmas! I think it's every family's worst nightmare.'
The man remains in police custody at this time and enquiries are continuing.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 6 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 7 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 8 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 9 Man in 30s charged with Shipdham murder
- 10 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze