Beauty therapist collapsed and died 17 days after breast enlargement
- Credit: Archant
A beauty therapist collapsed and died 17 days after surgery for breast enlargement, an inquest has heard.
Louise Harvey, 36, of Calthorpe Road in Norwich, died at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on July 5 this year.
Area coroner for Norfolk Yvonne Blake opened the inquest into Ms Harvey's death on Tuesday (November 27), saying that the deceased, a beauty therapist, had undergone surgery in London to 'improve her appearance' and 17 days later collapsed at home complaining of shortness of breath.
The medical cause of death was pulmonary embolism following breast augmentation, the inquest heard.
Ms Blake said that enquiries were to be made.
You may also want to watch:
The inquest will take place on March 23 next year in Norwich Coroners' Court and is expected to last a full day.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 7 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 8 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 9 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 10 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast