Beauty therapist collapsed and died 17 days after breast enlargement
- Credit: Archant
A beauty therapist collapsed and died 17 days after surgery for breast enlargement, an inquest has heard.
Louise Harvey, 36, of Calthorpe Road in Norwich, died at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on July 5 this year.
Area coroner for Norfolk Yvonne Blake opened the inquest into Ms Harvey's death on Tuesday (November 27), saying that the deceased, a beauty therapist, had undergone surgery in London to 'improve her appearance' and 17 days later collapsed at home complaining of shortness of breath.
The medical cause of death was pulmonary embolism following breast augmentation, the inquest heard.
Ms Blake said that enquiries were to be made.
You may also want to watch:
The inquest will take place on March 23 next year in Norwich Coroners' Court and is expected to last a full day.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 3 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 7 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 8 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 9 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month