Norfolk police use internet to spread festive safety message
Police are hoping the power of the internet combined with the long arm of the law will help people across Norwich and the rest of the county enjoy a safer and crime free Christmas.
Norfolk Constabulary has launched the first of a series of short films on YouTube highlighting key safety messages during the festive season.
The 12 Tips of Christmas features a range of Norfolk police officers offering their top tip of the day in their specialist field.
The video messages will be released on social media channel YouTube and on the Constabulary's own website over the days leading up to Christmas.
A police spokesman said: 'Our 12 Tips will provide residents with useful and relevant advice wrapped up in a easily accessible festive parcel. The Norfolk Constabulary website and social media channels provide access to police information and advice 24/7. The films will also give people the chance to put a face to the name of some of their officers.'
You may also want to watch:
The 12 Tips of Christmas offers advice around preventing those crimes which often see a rise at this time of year.
It includes straight forward home and security tips as well as addressing the serious subject of domestic abuse.
- 1 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 2 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 3 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 4 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 5 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 6 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule
- 7 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries
- 8 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 9 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 10 'False start' for restaurants as some stay closed after lockdown
Links will signpost users to other useful areas of the website for more advice, contact details or to report a crime online.
Inspector Darren Elliot kicks off the festive advice by urging people not to drink and drive.
To see the tips log onto www.norfolk.police.uk