New trial date fixed for Wymondham murder accused
- Credit: Archant
A new date has been fixed for the trial of a woman who has been charged with the murder of her husband in Wymondham.
Kumarathas Rajasingam, 57, was found at a property in Burdock Close in the town late on Saturday, March 16 with serious wounds to his head and chest.
He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment where he died the following morning.
A Home Office post-mortem examination determined that the likely cause of death was multiple organ failure arising from stab wounds.
Jeyamalar Kumarathas, 54, and of Burdock Close in Wymondham, has been charged in connection with the murder of her husband.
You may also want to watch:
A plea and trial preparation (PTPH) hearing was to be held at Norwich Crown Court on Tuesday (June 18).
But Jonathan Goodman, representing the defendant, asked for that hearing to be adjourned as the defence was still seeking a second psychiatric report.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 3 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 7 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 8 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
Kumarathas, who had been brought from HMP Peterborough but who did not appear in court for the short hearing, will next appear in court on August 19, the original trial date, for a further hearing.
A new trial date has been fixed for December 2.