Wymondham murder accused is to undergo further psychiatric tests
- Credit: Archant
A woman charged with the murder of her husband in Wymondham is to undergo further psychiatric tests, a court has heard.
Kumarathas Rajasingam, 57, of Burdock Close, died on March 17 after being stabbed the night before.
A post-mortem examination found cause of death was multiple organ failure arising from stab wounds.
Jeyamalar Kumarathas, 54, of Burdock Close, has been charged with murder and appeared at Norwich Crown Court on Wednesday (May 8) via videolink from HMP Peterborough.
Jonathan Goodman, for the defendant, said his client had been "seen by a psychiatrist" but that they asked that a "second report is urgently obtained".
You may also want to watch:
The case was adjourned until June 12 for a plea and trial preparation hearing (PTPH). A trial date has been set for August 19.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp