Delivery rider caught using mobile phone while riding
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has been caught riding his bike whilst using his phone.
Officers from the Road Casualty Reduction Team spotted delivery biker on Barrack Street, Norwich, at about 2pm on Monday, February 25.
The device had been mounted to the left side of the handlebar of the bike being used to update delivery information in the role as a courier.
A police spokesman said: 'On stopping the rider the device was obscuring the handlebar controls.
'Checking the rider it transpired they only had a provisional licence but were not displaying any L plates.
You may also want to watch:
'The rider was issued a Traffic Offence report and a prosecution decision will be made by the traffic justice unit.'
The spokesman issued a warning to people on motorbikes. They added: 'Motorcyclists are vulnerable road users, but this sort of behaviour puts even more risk into the mix.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
'With the nice weather hopefully here now, we are expecting more motorcyclists to be out and about on the roads, and would ask all road users to try to ride, and drive, safely and responsibly.'