Moped rider arrested after police smell drugs coming from under seat
- Credit: Archant
A moped rider who was stopped for a motoring offence in Norwich has been arrested on suspicion of drug driving and possession of cannabis after officers smelt drugs coming from under the seat.
Officers had pulled the moped over in the Elm Grove Road area of the city for having no rear light as well as the manner of driving.
But police detected a strong smell coming from under the seat.
The rider , who is in his late teens, provided a positive roadside test for drugs.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said the rider was arrested on suspicion of drug driving and possession of cannabis following the stop at 5.45pm on Thursday, April 30.
You may also want to watch:
He has since been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
Following the arrest Norfolk and Suffolk’s Roads and Armed Policing Team (NSRAPT) tweeted about the stop on social media.
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 3 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 4 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 5 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 8 Electric scooter riders arrested for drink-driving
- 9 Tiny baby saved by 120-mile flight in 'wrong' helicopter
- 10 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay