Man charged with breaching restraining order
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man has been charged with breach of a restraining order.
Matthew Ward, 29, of Stradbroke Road, Pakefield was charged with breaching a restraining order and was remanded in custody to appear before Norwich Magistrates Court today (Friday, November 23).
It comes after police went to arrest a man in connection with the offence yesterday (Thursday). A police spokesman said: 'Police yesterday afternoon attended a property on Stradbroke Road to arrest a man in connection with breach of a restraining order.
'The man refused to leave the property and made threats to self-harm.
'Following negotiations with the man he left the property and was subsequently taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning. 'No-one was hurt in the incident.'
You may also want to watch:
Ward was subsequently charged and was due to appear before Norwich Magistrates Court.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk