Man charged with GBH after police officers were allegedly sprayed with harmful liquid
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with two counts of inflicting grievous bodily harm after two police officers were allegedly assaulted.
Mark Bedwell, 49, of Tonning Street, Lowestoft is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates' Court this morning (Friday).
It comes after police attended a house in Tonning Street about 4.45am yesterday morning (Thursday) to carry out a pre-planned operation, which involved armed officers,
A male occupant of the property was reported to have thrown harmful liquid at two police officers.
Bedwell is alleged to have inflicted greivous bodily harm on both male officers, who were taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
One officer suffered minor facial burns and is understood to still be in hospital, while the other officer suffered minor injuries, according to police.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 4 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 10 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety