Man who converted Wisbech home into a cannabis factory is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A man who converted his Wisbech home into a cannabis factory has been jailed.
Edvinas Gulbinas, 29, was caught growing the plants at the property in Welbeck Road when police visited to speak to him about a separate investigation.
The officers found 104 cannabis plants, later valued at between £29,000 and £87,000, being grown in four bedrooms and the garage.
On Thursday (August 29) at Cambridge Crown Court Gulbinas was sentenced to 30 months in prison, having pleaded guilty to producing cannabis at a previous hearing.
DC John Bimson said: "We are committed to tackling the production and supply of drugs by bringing people before the courts.
You may also want to watch:
"Those involved in the illegal drugs trade take advantage of people's addictions and exploit the vulnerable to make their money. "
If you suspect somebody is involved in drug dealing, call police on 101.
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled