Man is released under investigation following assault on city bus driver
- Credit: Archant
A man who was arrested following an assault on a bus driver has been released under investigation.
Two men had stepped in front of the 44a Sanders Coaches bus which was travelling from Anglia Square onto Edward Street.
The bus driver, a man aged in his 50s, swerved to avoid the men before getting off the bus to speak with them.
The driver was then approached by a third man who punched him in the face, knocking him unconscious.
The driver was taken to hospital to be treated for a head injury following the incident which happened at about 4.30pm on Monday, April 1.
You may also want to watch:
A man, aged in his 30s and from the Norwich area, was arrested on April 4 in connection with the incident and interviewed by police.
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said the man has since been released under investigation while inquiries into the incident continue.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
Anyone with information should call police on 101.