Man accused of forcing someone to swallow human bodily waste
- Credit: Ian Burt
A prisoner charged with poisoning another person by feeding them urine and faeces refused to appear in court in Norwich.
Gary White, 36, who is currently at Chelmsford Prison, was due to appear for a first hearing at Norwich Magistrates' Court on the morning of Friday, September 27.
The alleged offence took place at Wayland Prison in Griston, near Thetford, on January 4.
The court has set up a video link with White at Chelmsford Prison on October 23.
White is charged with causing to administer poison/ a noxious thing with intent to injure, aggrieve or annoy. It is an indictable-only offence, which means it can only be tried at the crown court.
You may also want to watch:
It is alleged that he unlawfully and maliciously administered the poison or other noxious thing to Alistair Spalding with intent to injure, aggrieve or annoy, contrary to the Offences Against the Person Act 1861.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 8 Man and woman found dead in home
- 9 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'