Delay in case of man accused of assaults
- Credit: Archant
A man could stand trial accused of assault by beating and causing actual bodily harm.
Jamie Tanti, 31, has been charged with two counts of assault by beating and a further count of causing actual bodily harm on August 23 last year.
The case was listed at Norwich Crown Court on Wednesday (July 22) but the defendant did not attend.
The case has been listed by Judge Maureen Bacon on August 4 when Tanti, of Ely Way, Thetford, must attend in order that he can enter pleas ahead of a possible trial.
A trial is currently in the warned list for August 10.
You may also want to watch:
It was not clear why Tanti was not in court but Judge Bacon said the defendant “must attend” the hearing due to take place next month.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 8 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 9 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 10 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk