Man remains in serious condition two weeks after town attack
- Credit: IAN BURT
A middle-aged man remains in a serious but stable condition two weeks after he was assaulted on The Esplanade.
Police are still appealing for information after a man was assaulted and left with serious head injuries in Lowestoft on November 11.
The victim, who is aged in his 50s, and the suspect were believed to be involved in a verbal altercation at around 1.30am.
The assault took place in the early hours of Sunday morning on the rear patio of the Shish Bar and Restaurant on the Lower Esplanade.
According to Suffolk Police, the confrontation escalated and the man fell back and hit his head on concrete.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge where he remains.
A 22-year-old man was arrested on November 14 in connection with the incident but was released as the investigation continues.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Queuing for petrol - a tale as old as time
Anyone who witnessed the assault or noticed any disturbance in or around the bar call Lowestoft CID on 100, quoting 37/65313/18.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers on 0800 55 111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org