Man found with Class A drugs arrested on suspicion of possessing knife
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested for possessing Class A drugs and on suspicion of possessing a knife after a disturbance on a street in north Norwich.
The man, in his 30s, was also arrested for public order offences after police were called to the incident on St Augustine's Street yesterday.
Officers were alerted to reports of a disturbance in the area between a group of three men believed to be known to each other at around 3.10-3.20pm on Monday, August 5.
The man, from the Norwich area, was arrested for suspicion of possession of a knife, public order offences and possession of Class A drugs.
He is currently being held in custody at Wymondham Investigation Centre.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have asked for anyone with any information about the incident to contact Norfolk Police on 101 and quote crime reference number 36/54289/19.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 9 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 10 Major new £20m green business park approved