Man due in court today following death of boy, 17, in King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
A man is due in court later this morning following the death of a teenager who was assaulted in King's Lynn at the weekend.
Police were called to Saddlebow Road at about 3.30am on Sunday, following reports a teenager had been assaulted.
The 17-year-old was treated at the scene by paramedics and taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Lynn with
life-threatening head injuries, but was pronounced dead yesterday.
Liam Russell, 31, of Metcalf Avenue, Lynn, has been charged with assault occasioning grievous bodily harm and is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates' Court today.
You may also want to watch:
The current charge will be subject to review pending the results of a Home Office post-mortem examination, which will be held in due course.
A 30-year-old woman arrested in connection with the incident has been released on bail while enquiries into the teenager's death continue.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 3 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 6 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
- 7 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 9 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 10 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp