Norwich man due to appear in court on murder charge
- Credit: Northamptonshire Police
A man from Norwich is due to appear in court later this month charged with murder.
Rakeem Leandre, 25, from Brewers Court in Norwich, has been charged with the murder of 33-year-old Christopher Allbury-Burridge.
A murder investigation was launched after Mr Allbury-Burridge was found dead at his home in Raeburn Road, Northampton, shortly after 2.10am on Friday, December 11.
Leandre was arrested in Norwich on December 18 as part of the investigation.
He appeared at Northampton Magistrates Court last year and was due to appear at Northampton Crown Court for a plea and trial preparation hearing on February 5.
But a court spokesman said the case has been put back until Tuesday, February 16.
Leandre is due to appear in court with three others who have also been charged with murder, namely Jordan Parker, 24, from Walthamstow, Joel Cyrus, 25, from Leyton and Calum Farquhar, 23, from Leyton.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 3 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 4 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 5 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 6 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 7 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 Person dies after being hit by train