Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
The driver of a car which hit a tree near Old Buckenham has been arrested, as police announced a passenger in the vehicle had died of his injuries.
The crash happened along the B1077 near the junction at Fen Street, between Attleborough and Old Buckenham, shortly before 7.30am on Saturday, November 27.
Both the driver and the passenger, both men in their 20s, were taken to hospital. The passenger died the following day. The driver was discharged from hospital on Monday, November 29 and arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving, theft of a motor vehicle, driving without insurance or a licence and being unfit to drive through drink or drugs.
The crash involved a blue Ford KA. Police are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or has any information about the manner of driving prior to it, to come forward.
Anyone with information should contact PC Bob Hardingham on 101 or by email at Robert.email@example.com, quoting incident 92 of 27 November 2021.
Alternatively, people can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Join our Norfolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 7 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 8 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 9 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
- 10 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'