Man, 26, charged with murder following death of Norwich 39-year-old
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with murder following an incident in Norwich earlier this week.
James Greene, 39, was found by police in a serious condition at a flat in Dolphin Grove at about 10pm on Tuesday, June 4 following reports of a disturbance.
He was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, but died in the early hours of Thursday morning (June 6).
The result of a Home Office post mortem examination which took place on Thursday 6 June is pending further investigation.
Peter Bruton, 26, of no fixed address, has been charged with murder and is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court on Saturday, June 8.
You may also want to watch:
The family of Mr Greene said they were "devastated and shocked" by his death.
In a statement, the family said: "We are devastated and shocked by James' death and would like to thank the staff at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for all of their support."
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival