Man had cosh and claw hammer on street to ‘bang in nails’
- Credit: PA
A man arrested while carrying a cosh, a claw hammer and a hammer multi-tool with a penknife blade claimed he had the items to 'bang in some nails', a court heard.
Stratis Kyriacou, 46, was found with the weapons and accompanied by a drug dealer when police carried out a stop and search in the Drayton Road area of Norwich.
Chris Youell, prosecuting at Norwich Crown Court, said at first Kyriacou claimed he had the hammer as he was going to bang in some nails, but later admitted carrying the items for his own protection as he had previously been attacked.
Mr Youell said that Kyriacou had previous convictions for having offensive weapons.
Kyriacou, of Hertford Way, Gorleston, admitted having offensive weapons on March 29 and was jailed six months.
You may also want to watch:
Ian James, for Kyriacou, said he was a drug user, adding: "The items he had on him were for his own protection."
- 1 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 2 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 3 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 4 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 5 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 6 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 7 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise