Man arrested following Taverham vandalism spree
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested following a spate of car vandalism which left owners hundreds of pounds out of pocket.
Police arrested a man in his 30s, on suspicion of criminal damage after more than 20 cars were damaged in Taverham last Friday night.
Cars parked on Kingswood Avenue, The Drove, Broadgate, Peakwell Close and The Cains were vandalised, leaving some owners with bills of up to £500 to fix the damages.
The man will be questioned later today about the incidents.
Following the spree Norfolk Police increased patrols in the area to reassure residents and conduct investigations into the vandalism.
You may also want to watch:
The vandalism shocked the local community and many Taverham residents expressed concern that street lighting in the area was being switched off too early.
Police have urged anyone who witnesses vandalism or any suspicious behaviour to contact Norfolk Police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 8 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
- 9 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success