Alleged drink driver arrested following theft
- Credit: Archant
A man who allegedly committed a theft in Lowestoft was subsequently arrested in Great Yarmouth after a police search.
Officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk's Roads and Armed Policing Team and the Road Casualty Reduction Team located the man's vehicle in Yarmouth and he was found to be more than twice the legal drink drive limit.
The man was subsequently arrested on suspicion of theft, disqualified driving, for having no insurance and drink driving.
The NSRAPT team Tweeted: 'A male was reported to have committed a theft in Lowestoft before leaving the scene in a vehicle.
'#1826 located the vehicle in #Yarmouth and the driver was arrested for #Theft #drinkdriving #disqualifieddriving and #noinsurance.
You may also want to watch:
'The driver provided a breath test of 80!'
The legal limit is 35 microgrammes in 100ml of breath.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Pray for Paul today' - wife's plea as gallbladder op victim faces surgery
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146