Wanted man arrested over serious sexual assault after triggering police camera alert
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in connection with a sexual assault after officers were alerted to his whereabouts when he drove past a police camera.
Breckland police responded to the incident in the early hours of Thursday morning.
They said a vehicle drove past a police camera at Swaffham just before 2.45am.
They said the driver was wanted in connection with a 'serious sexual assault' on Wednesday and was found in Dereham just after 3am.
He was arrested and taken to Wymondham police investigation centre.
You may also want to watch:
The car has been seized for 'forensic opportunities'.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Queuing for petrol - a tale as old as time