Woman in her 20s sexually assaulted in city centre
- Credit: Google
Police have arrested a man in his 20s after a woman was victim to a serious sexual assault in the city centre.
In the early hours of Monday, October 12, between 12am and 12.45am, a woman aged in her 20s was sexually assaulted in Queen’s Road, Norwich.
The incident happened close to the Marsh building, which is near the St Stephens roundabout.
A man from the Norwich area was arrested in connection with the assault, but has since been released on police bail until Friday, November 6.
Officers have now appealed for any witnesses to come forward and assist in the investigation - in particular two men who were in a white van and are believed to have spoken to the woman around the time.
You may also want to watch:
Anybody who has information regarding the assault should contact DC Laurence Oakes on 101 quoting 36/71831/30 - or anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555111
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 9 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 10 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested