Man arrested after punching police officer in the face in Norwich
- Credit: IAN BURT
A 38-year-old man who punched a police officer has been arrested on suspicion of assaulting an emergency worker and criminal damage following an incident in Norwich.
Officers were called to Beecheno Road last night (Sunday, December 23) in relation to a domestic incident where property had been damaged.
Police attended and the man was further arrested for assaulting an emergency worker after punching a police officer.
The man remains in custody at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre (PIC).
Norwich Police took to social media to inform the public about the incident overnight, tweeting: 'One male arrested for Criminal Damage.
You may also want to watch:
'He was further arrested for assault on an emergency worker when officers went to arrest him. #TeamTwo #PC1825 #PC1787 #ProtectTheProtectors #NotAcceptable #PC1142'.
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 5 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 6 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 9 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive