Man arrested after armed police and negotiators called to Norwich home
- Credit: Archant
Armed police have been stood down following an incident in Norwich earlier today.
Officers were called at an address in Beverley Road, Norwich, at around 7.30am this morning following concerns for the safety of a man.
As a result of information received officers, including armed units and negotiators, were deployed to the scene.
The incident was resolved safely and officers arrested a man, aged in his 20s. He has been taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre where he will be questioned later today.
A police spokesman said: 'Public safety is paramount and throughout the incident there were no indications of a wider risk to the community.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 8 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts