Man appears in court charged with burglary after cigarettes stolen
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court charged with burglary after cigarettes were stolen from a shop near Norwich.
Police were called just before 2.15am on Monday to reports of two men acting suspiciously at the One Stop Shop on Norwich Road, New Costessey.
Officers discovered the store had been broken into and a quantity of cigarettes stolen.
Following enquiries officers recovered the cigarettes in Dereham Road and a short time later officers arrested a man in the Dereham Road area.
Vaidas Jakimavicius, 41, of no fixed address, appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court in custody on Tuesday having been charged with burglary.
You may also want to watch:
The case has been formally sent to Norwich Crown Court on a date to be fixed.
Jakimavicius was remanded in custody until the next hearing at the crown court.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 3 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 4 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 5 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 8 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?