Man and boy appear in court after £1m cannabis factory uncovered at Norfolk industrial estate
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
A man and a boy have appeared in court after police uncovered and dismantled a £1m cannabis factory hidden behind closed doors at a Norfolk industrial estate.
Officers seized more than 1,000 cannabis plants as they disassembled an "extremely professional" set-up inside a two-storey building in Lenwade, between Norwich and Fakenham.
Following the police operation, which started on Wednesday, nine people were arrested and have been charged with producing a quantity of cannabis, a controlled drug of class B.
Many of the gang members have already appeared in court but two of them were at Norwich Magistrates Court on Monday (July 22).
A 15-year-old boy who cannot be named for legal reasons has had his case formally sent to Norwich Crown Court on August 15.
You may also want to watch:
He has been remanded in secure accommodation in the meantime.
Also appearing before magistrates on Monday was Kien Le, 26, of no fixed address.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
But he had his case adjourned as there was no interpreter available.
Others who have already appeared include:
- Vedot Koc, 42, from London;
- Leonardo Motera, 18, from London;
- Mevlan Cena, 22, of no fixed address;
- Potja Shpresim, 31, of no fixed address;
- Viktor Mihayov, 23, from London;
- Zafe Kinik, 53, from London;
- And Ali Yilmaz, 53, from London.
None of the defendants gave an indication of plea and the cases were sent to Norwich Crown Court on August 15.