Man had large hunting knife in boot of car
- Credit: Archant
A man was found with a large hunting-style knife he uses for fishing.
Jamie Aurand, 27, was stopped by police on Grapes Hill in Norwich for an unrelated matter when they found the knife in the boot of his VW Passatt car.
Aurand appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Friday (March 13) after being charged with possession of a knife in a public place on January 28 this year.
Aurand, from Gillingham, Kent, admitted the offence when he appeared in court.
Alistair Taunton, mitigating, said he had been shopping and had forgotten to take out the knife, which he uses for fishing.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Taunton said: 'He took everything out and just forgot to take the knife out. It was in a sheaf, in a box in a locked boot.'
Magistrates ordered that a pre-sentence report be carried out in the case.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 7 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 10 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
Sentencing was adjourned in the case until April 2.