Man accused of robbing three Norwich shops and a taxi driver appears in court
- Credit: Archant
A man has appeared in court accused of robbing three Norwich shops and a taxi driver.
Shaun Hayes, 28, of Penn Grove in Norwich, appeared before city magistrates charged with nine offences.
He was accused of robbing shops in Nelson Street on Tuesday, March 5, Woodcock Road on Tuesday, March 12 and Waterloo Road on Thursday, March 14,
He is also accused of robbing a taxi driver of £100 in George Pope Road on Sunday, March 31 and four counts of possession of an offensive weapon between March 5 and 31.
The final charge relates to the theft of a Samsung tablet on Tuesday, February 26.
You may also want to watch:
Hayes was arrested in Penn Grove on Thursday and appeared on video link from police custody.
He did not enter any pleas in relation to the charges.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 5 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 9 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 10 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
He was remanded in custody to appear at Norwich Crown Court on Friday, May 3.