Man accused of stealing friend’s car and crashing into three vehicles
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old has denied stealing his friend's car while under the influence of alcohol, before crashing into three more vehicles.
Louis Day, from Marlingford Way in Easton, was arrested in Norwich in the early hours of Friday, August 17, 2018.
He appeared at Norwich Magistrates' Court on Friday, November 29 to face one count of aggravated vehicle taking and property damage valued at £5,000 and over.
Additional aggravating factors in the charge are that he was not insured to drive the vehicle, did not hold a licence and was in an intoxicated state.
The vehicle involved, a silver Toyota Yaris, was written off and more than £5,000-worth of damage was caused to other cars.
You may also want to watch:
Day pleaded not guilty.
The case has been sent to Norwich Crown Court to be heard by a jury on January 15, 2020.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 4 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 5 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 6 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 9 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 10 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village