School girl, 13, suffers concussion and whiplash after unprovoked attack as she got off bus
- Credit: Archant
A heartbroken mother has spoken out after her 13-year-old daughter was subjected to a 'totally unprovoked attack' as she got off the school bus.
The girl was left with a concussion and whiplash following the assault in Field Lane, Kessingland, on Wednesday, February 13, at around 3pm.
A video of the attack has been shared with this newspaper however it will not be published to protect the identity of the children involved.
In the footage the victim is punched in the face by a girl of a similar age who then repeatedly strikes her before throwing the girl to the floor.
Once on the floor the attacker continues to rain blows on the girl's head and pulls her hair.
You may also want to watch:
While the assault lasted around 15 seconds, the impact could be long lasting.
The girl's mother, who wishes to remain anonymous, said: 'She hasn't been out since; she doesn't want to go out.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 6 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 7 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 8 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash
'It was a totally unprovoked attack. My youngest girl came running in and said my daughter was being attacked.'
In the aftermath of the assault the 13-year-old victim was left with lumps on her head and 'severe pain in her neck'.
Her mother added: 'I took her to the doctor and she was diagnosed with a concussion. She has got a concussion and whiplash.'
The attack was filmed by another child and passed onto the mother, who was horrified by what she saw.
She added: 'It's heartbreaking, absolutely heartbreaking; there are no words. It was horrible, I showed my mum the video and she just cried.'
Suffolk police are aware of the attack and an investigation is now under way.
A police spokesman said: 'We were called shortly after 3.15pm on Wednesday, February 13, following reports that a 13-year-old girl was pushed by a group of girls as she got off the bus in Field lane, Kessingland.
'As the girl tried to walk away, another girl punched her to the face and head.
'Officers are currently carrying out enquiries and reviewing footage as part of this investigation.'
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime reference 37/8926/19.