Suspended sentence for Lowestoft man found making and possessing indecent images of children
- Credit: PA
A vulnerable Suffolk man with physical and mental health problems who downloaded child porn has been given a suspended prison sentence.
Police officers who went to 30-year-old Matthew Gilmore's Lowestoft home in May 2016 seized a computer tower unit and a mobile phone, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
When the devices were examined they were found to contain ten indecent images and 28 movies in the most serious level A category, ten indecent images and three movies in category B and 129 indecent images in the lowest level C category.
A number of extreme pornographic images and movies were also found.
Gilmore, 30, of Sutherland Drive, Lowestoft, admitted making indecent images of children and possessing extreme pornographic images.
You may also want to watch:
He was given a ten month prison sentence suspended for 18 months and a 45 day rehabilitation requirement.
He was also made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order and ordered to sign the sex offenders' register for ten years.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 3 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 7 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 8 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 9 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 10 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
He was also ordered to pay £600 costs.
Andrew Thompson, for Gilmore, described his client as vulnerable and said he had physical and mental health problems.
He said the offences were more than two years old.