Cyclist forced to jump from bike before car ran over it, police say
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist jumped from his bike as it was run over by a car which had slowed alongside him moments before.
Suffolk Police have appealed for witnesses and information following the incident in Lowestoft on the afternoon of Thursday, November 12.
The cyclist, a man, was riding along Normanston Drive towards the roundabout with Rotterdam Road between 2pm and 2.30pm.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Police said: “A vehicle slowed alongside him. The vehicle then drove around the roundabout and came back heading towards the victim.
“The victim jumped off his bike and ran off as the vehicle, thought to be a black Audi A3, ran over the bicycle, causing damage to the front wheel.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has dashcam footage in the area at that time, is urged to contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime reference 37/65797/20.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 4 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 8 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 9 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary