Cyclist forced to jump from bike before car ran over it, police say
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist jumped from his bike as it was run over by a car which had slowed alongside him moments before.
Suffolk Police have appealed for witnesses and information following the incident in Lowestoft on the afternoon of Thursday, November 12.
The cyclist, a man, was riding along Normanston Drive towards the roundabout with Rotterdam Road between 2pm and 2.30pm.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Police said: “A vehicle slowed alongside him. The vehicle then drove around the roundabout and came back heading towards the victim.
“The victim jumped off his bike and ran off as the vehicle, thought to be a black Audi A3, ran over the bicycle, causing damage to the front wheel.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident, or who has dashcam footage in the area at that time, is urged to contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime reference 37/65797/20.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 5 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 6 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 7 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls