‘Joker’ arrested for coughing in police officers’ faces
- Credit: Getty Images
A man is in a police cell after deliberately coughing into the face of two officers - then claiming it was a “joke”.
Police arrested a man in King’s Lynn for assaulting two officers by coughing in their faces.
The main was detained after resisting arrest and later stated that he was “joking”.
In a tweet, King’s Lynn Police wrote: “Male arrested tonight after assaulting two officers, where he intentionally coughed into their faces whilst dealing with an incident.
“Male detained after resisting who later stated he was “joking”. He is now in custody awaiting to be dealt with. #ProtectTheProtectors #Team1.”
You may also want to watch:
Despite the coronavirus lockdown, officers in the town reported a busy night, including two domestic violence reports, one assault, two drink drivers, two drunk and disorderly and two breaches of criminal behaviour orders.
In another tweet, Kings Lynn Police added: “Two busy nights have come to an end, lots of arrests for Team 1, two for domestic violence, one for assaulting two officers, two drink drivers, two for being drunk and disorderly and two for breach of criminal behaviour orders.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 Revealed: Norfolk's hotspots for Japanese Knotweed in 2021
- 5 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 6 Tractors and harvesters sold as farming family retires after 100 years
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 9 Matt Hancock faces calls to resign after allegation of affair with aide
- 10 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
“Lots of other incidents attended.”