Driver denies hitting cyclist in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A driver accused of driving into the path of a cyclist in Norwich and causing him to suffer broken bones has denied the charge in court.
Julio Pereira, 35, of Toftes Place, Norwich, appeared in Norwich Magistrates' Court on Monday where he pleaded not guilty to driving without due care and attention.
Prosecutor Waseem Raja said that on December 5 last year the defendant pulled out of Southwell Road, at the junction with Trafalgar Street, into the path of a cyclist.
He said the cyclist hit the side of his car and sustained broken bones in his foot.
Pereira, who represented himself in court, denied hitting the cyclist.
You may also want to watch:
Pereira is due to appear in Norwich Margistrates' Court for trial on August 21.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 9 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs