Jailed in Norfolk in January: Persistent burglar, care worker and drug dealer
PUBLISHED: 08:49 02 February 2018 | UPDATED: 15:10 02 February 2018
Here is our monthly look back at some of the criminals who were jailed in Norfolk courts in January.
• A man was jailed for seven years and three months after pleading guilty to a stabbing in Great Yarmouth.
Jeremiah Abodunrin, 22, of Plumstead Common Road in London, arranged to meet the victim in the town in order to sell Class A drugs. Upon meeting, Abodunrin lunged at the victim and stabbed him in the chest with a knife.
• A “persistent” burglar, who smashed his way into a Norwich home and stole more than £2000 worth of jewellery was jailed for 28 months.
Perry Goodall, 37, of Watling Road, Norwich, had only recently been released from prison when he carried out the burglary while the owner was away in France. He admitted the offence.
• A care worker who bullied and abused “incredibly vulnerable” elderly people with dementia was jailed for nine months.
Shari Childs, 38, was convicted in December of seven counts of wilfully neglecting or ill-treating a person lacking mental capacity between December 1, 2014 and April 30, 2015.
• A man was jailed for three years for dealing crack cocaine in Great Yarmouth.
Anthony Whitsey, aged 35 and of Aspley Road, was stopped by officers on King Street in June last year. He pleaded guilty to two counts of possession with intent to supply a Class A drug.
• A man was jailed for 21 months after he pleaded guilty to handling stolen goods in relation to a string of burglaries.
Wayne Sellers, 47, was arrested in connection with four burglaries which took place in Diss and Norwich between May and September last year. He pleaded guilty to six counts of handling stolen goods.
• Two London drug dealers were jailed for more than four years after they “invaded” the property of a vulnerable Norwich woman and used it as a base to sell cocaine and heroin.
Jamal Uddin, 27, was jailed for three years six months and Shaedur Rahman, 24, who appeared via video link from prison, where he is serving five years 10 months, was jailed for 14 months which he will have to serve at the end of his present sentence.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box above for details.