Investigations ongoing into Norwich knife attack
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
Investigations are continuing into a stabbing in a Norwich park.
Officers were called to Penn Grove shortly after 7.15pm on Sunday, May 26 following reports a man had suffered knife wounds.
It is believed the assault took place in Pointers Field a short time earlier.
The victim, a man in his 20s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment.
His injuries were described as non-life threatening.
You may also want to watch:
An 18-year-old man was arrested in connection with the incident and taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
A police spokesman said enquiries into the incident were ongoing.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 5 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 9 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 10 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
A cordon was put into place by police in Pointers Field while initial enquiries were carried out, it has since been lifted.
Anyone with information should contact Norwich CID on 101 quoting CAD reference 388 of 26 May 2019.