Huge cannabis factory discovered in industrial site
- Credit: Archant
A huge cannabis factory with more than 400 plants has been discovered by police in a Norfolk town.
Norfolk Police have cordoned off an industrial building in Faraday Place in Thetford and are in the process of gathering evidence and dismantling the farm.
A spokesman for the police said that at least 300 to 400 plants had been found in one room, with three or four more rooms in the process of being fully assessed.
They added that Crime Scene Investigation are on the scene with a cordon likely to stay in place until tomorrow.
She said: 'Officers are looking to make the building safe at the moment and make the power to the building safe.
You may also want to watch:
'A cordon has been set up around the building and enquiries are ongoing with the cordon to be up for at least tomorrow.'
Breckland Police on Twitter said: 'Thetford officers are currently at the location of a large cannabis grow on a industrial site.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 4 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 5 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 6 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 7 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 8 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Welcome to our new website
- 10 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
'Evidence gathering and dismantling is well underway. If you know anything about it please call in on 101.'