Two men charged over robbery of Mercedes and jewellery from woman have hearing adjourned

The scene of the incident outside Hingham Fish Bar. Photo: Luke Powell

The scene of the incident outside Hingham Fish Bar. Photo: Luke Powell - Credit: Archant

Two men accused of robbing a woman in Hingham had a further hearing before their trial gets underway next month.

Freddie Aguis, 27, of Penhurst Road, in Hackney, London, and Shane Johnson, 28, of no fixed address, have denied robbing the woman of a Mercedes car and jewellery on March 13, last year.

The incident happened about 7.45pm near Hingham Fish Bar, off the High Street, and the woman, in her 50s was said to have suffered hand and head injuries.

Johnson appeared at Norwich Crown Court but Aguis did not come to court.

Matthew Sorel-Cameron prosecuting said the trial of the two men was due to start on February 24 and he said it was expected to last about two weeks.


You may also want to watch:


Dominic Bell appeared for Aguis and Glenn Harris appeared for Johnson at the short hearing.

Judge Shaw remanded both men in custody until trial.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter